Saturday, July 10, 2010

Chop Cop ! Snip Snip !

Most of you know how random I can be ! Some of you also know that I can be pretty impulsive. The rest of you are aware of my constant need to have a haircut; especially when the mood is not so happy types !

As far as I can remember, I have never enjoyed growing my hair. Never. It's a pain and it causes me irritation. I like tying it up into a bun when it's hot. But while dancing or sleeping, Agggh !
I have have nice hair. Or atleast I used to before I go it straightened twice and coloured it red+purple - once ! But generally, I have nice hair. I also have a chubby face. So my puffy cheeks do not permit me to experiment a lot and drastically. But knowing me - puffy cheeks cannot stop me from going a little mental sometimes.

So, I know there's a wedding coming up. I know that if I have nice, long enough hair then some kind of styling can be done. I also know, that my curls are pretty and if let to themselves, can create magic teamed with the three natural dots and a pretty saree.
But, I refuse to allow nature take its course. I go and get a chop - chop ! Feel happy for the first one hour owing to the blow - drying. The ponjees would be hesitant and wouldn't want to burst my bubble. They know eventually I'll realize ! Which I do. By which time it's too late already. But I survive the ordeal. Let it grow and again back to square one after 2 months.

I once wanted to get a very very very short cut. Almost like a boy. I said goodbye to my curls and snip snip. But I really couldn't let go of those girly features and I stopped the hairdresser from creating a monster out of me. She was glad because she didn't know how to tell me - that just would not suit me. But I had a slight fringe to my right and it looked fine. Not like a boy but fine !

I always had a friend who would always make sure to accompany me to the stylist for my chop - snip sessions. She would read my mind as soon as I made a pleading expression regarding my hair. We also sort of had a bet that I wouldn't do anything to my hair till June, 2010.
But then in Delhi, I got myself one of the most high maintenance haircuts ever. Cute and pretty if you have straight hair and not living in a hot, humid city. But otherwise I strictly recommend it as a No No to most. That she liked and I did express my surprise. Thankfully the distance doesn't not let her stop me much now ! But the BBm might...hmmm!

I can be sitting in an auto absolutely bored and would think to myself - why not visit the parlour ! Maybe it's a comfort zone with the pampering and fussing around.
I would be going through pictures of friends on Facebook and think of getting something similar done.

Members of the opposite sex have told me that long hair looks nice on me or that they prefer girls with long hair, tied back into a bun or a ponytail. But then again, how often have I paid heed to that ? My mother would wish she could hypnotize me forever to prevent me from getting my hair cut. Alas, it seems like an almost impossible task.

My dream hairstyle is something that I might not be able to ever have. Till then, I will continue to experiment, get impulsive, go a little crazy and not listen to anyone ! And if you ask me - I think curly hair is the way to go. It has character and it's pretty on most girls !

5 comments:

  1. I wanna see. Take photo on BB & post fastly types. & I am a mean ponjee who will tell you immediately not to make boy hair. Prettiness will go off too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehehe... i connect!! never have long enough hair either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wat does this mean??? u cut ur hair again??? wat the hell is left to cut u idiot???

    ReplyDelete
  4. u wrote an entire blog post on your haircut???? r u seriouss???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Varun Wahi - It's not about A haircut. It is about the process that prevents me from growing my hair ever ! And technically it's my blog no ?!

    ReplyDelete