Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Wappy Burrdday !

I am a hyper child. I love getting excited !
It's my thing. Peeps love to have me around because - well :)
So it's no surprise that birthdays make me happy. It could be yours. Mine obviously ! I love thinking about them. Planning them. I love wishing. I love sending and receiving gifts. I love the birthday parties.

As a child I always had birthday parties at home. Queen Mother would cook many and return gifts would be planned way in advance. I would keep all my gifts in a room separately and rip the covering as soon as the last guest left ! I loved having theme parties. I enjoyed making invites and distributing them in school.
I also attended parties at fast food joints where big Ronald McDonald or the Birdie would come and jiggy wiggy with us ! We would dress up in pretty clothes and play musical chairs or just be very silly !

As we got older some of us progressed to sleepover parties. PJs we would be in and stay up all night giggling and talking; eventually gossiping ! Some of us would take our closest friends out for lunch/dinner or a movie. Some of us would have an uncle - aunty party at home and get many monies for being a cute and well mannered child. Some of us would have to visit a holy shrine and get Almighty's blessings.

We would also wear"coloured" clothes to school. Distribute chocolates/sweets. Get wished by all. Sometimes, even stand in front of everyone at the school assembly. Attention would be on you ! I have this vague memory of being accompanied by a friend as I went to each classroom to hand out a chocolate to every teacher.

We got older. Again. Ideas surrounding birthdays changed. All of a sudden being wished at 12 midnight was the thing to do ! Some of us liked to be asleep and not disturbed. Some of us warned everyone that it would be almost impossible to answer calls then. Some of us thought of a brighter idea and had pre birthday day celebrations so that at the unearthly hour your peeps are right there with you anyway :)
A pre happy birthday day is a fun day. It's a day when you get to sit and think about all that has happened. All that you would like to do the next day. All that you would like to achieve and "figure out" by the next birthday !
We also have birthday lists. It's best that this list is shared with all. The birthday frandship then gets only that which was asked for. Remember, "always stick to the list."
Some of us go shopping and pick up clothes and shoes and other essentials for the happy birthday day.

Some of us plan our birthdays 2 months in advance. Some of us have 4 day birthday celebrations. Some of us have a week long post birthday celebrations.

Some of us have celebrated most of our birthdays traveling. Some of us have been subjected to horrible birthday bumps and kicks. For those staying in PGs, hostels - it's a crazy time because there all hell breaks loose. Your frandships, batchmates, classmates will get hold of anything and throw it at you, break it on your head or make you eat it ! But you will also get your revenge.
Some of us send and receive couriers. Flowers. Birthday cards.

Surprise birthday celebrations are always fun especially if it's actually a surprise. The shock and happiness expressed by the celebratee is what makes the surprise planners happy - it worked !

Some of us don't care that much and don't like doing much during happy wappy burrdday. Somehow I don't get them. That's where I come into focus !

Some of us think party hats and coloured paper are important. Some of us love getting our own cake. Some of us want that day to be about them only and their fun-ness !

Some of us are ready to exchange all that we possess for beef fry. While, some of us will want to have many many rounds of colourful drinks. Some of us have always had rainy birthdays. While, some of us, have traditions every birthday !

With Facebook being the center of our lives, we now get reminders and wish people; whether we care or not. We now change our display picture with of the celebratee and you. We tag them in our status messages and make them feel extra special. We also add cool hearts for some !

The excitement surrounding birthdays will never end for me. I love them. Muchly types.

I wish you all many many happy burrddays. I pray that the chocolate cakes never end. I hope that you get lot's of presents and you enjoy them to the fullest. I wish that all your dreams come true. I want the fun, laughter, madness, craziness and dipsoness to never end !

5 comments:

  1. i love birthdays too!! brilliant piece!! just the most fun piece u've written so far!!! can almost see the party hats, the colors, the chocolate cake---FUNNESS!! makes me feel happy!!! b'day is awesome for all coz aim is to make everyone feel precious... many happy b'days to you JW!! hugseyss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an enthu person. really, having u around makes bdays more fun. i passed the bar where we bought the drinks last year b4 my bday, the mini ones u signed, yesterday. happiness happened. but now little bit i'm not liking the coming of august. 26 :( :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i remember how u would never let us forget ur b'day!!!But u also never let dad forget my B'day also---luv u

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a happy post! :))

    so nice to read! :)

    keep the fun alive!

    ReplyDelete