Monday, September 6, 2010

Charmed !

Break !
That's what I wanted. That's what Sleepy was on. K said "chalo, come off !"
Refusal to such a tempting offer almost seemed impossible. Then, Queen Mother suggested a trip to her place of childhood. Refusal to that also, seemed impossible. But the prospect of heavy rains, no sleep, HRC and the company of mad hatters - lured me to book my tickets onward to the city of dreams.
While sitting at the airport, I had my first tryst with stardom. Hardly a star, but well ! Famous - relatively speaking. Nonetheless.
We reached. There was the lime juice to welcome us and a very happy K ! It started the moment we entered the space. Then on, there was no stopping us.
HRC was a crazy evening. While, making new frandships and trying to understand how tiny our feet were, a lot was going through my mind. It wasn't the effect of the kamakazee served in a wine glass or the awesome brownie fudge sundae. It was the city itself.

The thing about the "air" that engulfs the city is that it's fast paced and melancholic at the same time. It's sooperly welcome while getting you all sad and lonesome as well. While, there's no time to sleep or pace yourself, you just know that it has worked it's charm on you when you don't think twice about booking tickets to pay a visit to Neo-Xanadu.
The ride back in the taxi set my mind in motion. Full-to 5th gear. I was over-whelmed. The number of thoughts running through my head - crazy ! While singing (silently, in my mind) - I thought to myself "I wish I could be like this forever."
Having not to worry about the next day's official emails and calls. No in-laws to fret over me. No bills to pay for a while. No crying child to put to sleep. This is it. The rains, terrible roads. The stars, late night food vendors. The you-tubing and "contemplating."

The overwhelming thoughts got to me. With tears that refused to stop flowing, my Ponjee and I discussed that there will be better times. We weren't sad. We were just - carried away. We also would have liked to be carried away, in any case !

A walk with K made me realize that the charm had worked. It's part of my system now. I will want to pay a visit again and again. This time hoping that Abhay Deol makes an appearance. Till then, I'll be sooperly thrilled with dancing to "our funny songs", eating one meal a day and getting completely drenched. Old or new - I have a family, now ! And, I'm honored, to say the least !

3 comments: