Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Distances

I grew up in different parts of the country but majority of my life was spent away from it. I made frandships with many. But each city had one particular "star" that stole my heart and since then we've been through it all.
It's not about the distances. It's about knowing that despite everything at some point in life and somewhere along it's journey - You'll meet. You'll talk. You'll catch up.

I hadn't seen my oldest friend for over 3 years till a spontaneous visit to city#2. Nothing had changed in all those years. Really ! Nothing.
I hadn't seen my mental friend for over 9 years till another spontaneous visit to the capital. A lot had changed in terms of growing up and getting bigger. But really, nothing had changed.
I hadn't seen my sooper smart tooth doctor in over 3 years. Spontaneous visit again and it was like we had never separated.

Friends getting engaged and married. Big, big moments. Sooper awesome modes of transportation make it easy for you to be part of those !
Buying BBs and skyping. FB and otherwise have revolutionized "distances make the heart grow fonder."
I want these distances to never ruin what I share with my pinkster ponjees.

It's about being secure and having faith in the strength of your relationship. You don't have to talk everyday. You don't have to meet constantly either. You just know ! A phone call after 5 years can still be the same as it was when you were in school together. You only get closer and adore more. Many missings happen and you laugh over it.

Book tickets. Just go ! Make that effort and see the wonders it can do for you.
True Story !

I have a jar full of love and respect. A lot of care and many many memories.

"It's always a beautiful day to be friends." There's no doubt about that !

5 comments:

  1. You're laying foundation for leaving us & going off to Amreeka or London or some far away place no. Make lots of monies, buy me & Prachi private jet & go anywhere. We'll come visit you :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. V - I won't go anywhere. I promise. I'm right here only !

    ReplyDelete