Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Person !

The love of my life. My person.
6 years younger than me.

My baby and my favourite scholar !

When she was born I knew that I finally found myself a lifelong fighting buddy, best friend and partner in crime. As insecure as I was because of all the attention showered on her; I knew that no matter what I would always hold the highest position in her life.
She has taught me to be assertive, strong, cunning ! She has seen me through my achievements and failures. She has cheered me the loudest when I created history. During my cravings - she has given me company.

I'm told by her how I should treat the men in my life. She appreciates and applauds my cathartic cooking sessions.
While sleeping - she is my Hugsy pillow. She would hold my hand; use the un - warm part to sleep peacefully.
She is my prettiest princess and my yummy strawberry cheesecake.

I worry that she might get carried away by the craziness around her. But, I know she has her feet firmly in the ground and high/mighty goals to push her !

Her looking upto me is what makes me better each step I take. Her support and "conditional" love is what gets me by !

Unlike me she doesn't let people and experiences affect her negatively. She wouldn't crib about hand - me - downs. Ever.

We fight and we yell. She would bite and I would slap. She would throw things in the room. I would bang doors. She would stamp her feet. I would give her the silent treatment. Yet, we drool over Patrick Dempsey, Imran Khan, SRK together. We cry during Gilmore Girls and laugh at Sheldon - together.
And secrets - well, she can keep mine. Me - hmmm ! I tend to spill. A little. Sometimes ;-)

She is my Person. Always will be ! Despite the time constraints and school regulations - we talk as often as possible. She gets me. I don't ! She loves me. I do too !

As she turns 17 - I pray and hope that an Almighty shower the choicest blessings on her. May all her dreams come true. Most importantly to keep her safe and healthy.

With all my love forever and ever !

Sometimes We're Real Close Friends,
we Stay Up Late And Talk At Night

other Times We Don't Get Along,
there Are Even Times We Fight

but I Know She's Always There
and I Know She'll Always Care

she's My Sister, I Love My Sister

i've Given Her A Great Big Hug
when She Was Feeling Sad

but Then Again I've Said Some Things
that Have Really Made Her Mad

but I Know She's Always There
and I Know She'll Always Care

she's My Sister, I Love My Sister

but I Know She's Always There
and I Know She'll Always Care

she's My Sister, I Love My Sister
she's My Sister, I Love My Sister

Happy Birthday Tanzi Banzi !

4 comments:

  1. Awww. So sweet. But really Tanya is suprisingly sane, especially compared to u. 3 days more!! Then happy burday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww... natasha so much tears happening.. lil tanya! NOW 17! rugrat running around us screaming akka akka!!! NOW holding positions of responsibility!!! so much proudness!! as older sister, i understand, i get n i love too!!! <3
    HAPPY B'DAY TANYA, in advance!!! hugseysss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'While we teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life's all about'.Both u girls have done just- MAY THIS LOVE LAST FOREVER

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply amazing.... Loved ur way of expressing love 4 ur sister, May this love last forever and ever. God bless both of u :)))))

    ReplyDelete