Friday, July 30, 2010

Coming a long way !

I am not a secure person. Until now. But for the longest time I felt this need to keep everyone around me happy; even if that meant letting others walk over me. My fatty would get so mad at me because in that process I would never be happy and the walker would always have something to crib/complain about.
In retrospect it amazes me now - how little I thought of myself and the less importance I gave myself ! How everytime I wanted to and should have been selfish - I wasn't.

Eventually, I learnt. Like always ! Somehow, through experiences and after buckets of tears, I'm here today. Happy and confident ! Glad.

I haven't changed. But I'm more secure now. I have people in my life who adore me so much that it scares me. They wouldn't want me to go anywhere. And if I did, then I had to get back ASAP. They will stick by me. I don't need to be told so. I just know. They will aww with me and they are my Manpower !
It's not the issue of "being taken for granted." And even if I do - so what ? Isn't that why we're all here ?

I know you want the best for me. And the feeling is mutual. I also know that you will be honest to me. Mutual again. I know that I do not have to tell you every second detail of my life; but you will still care after weeks ! You may not pay attention to the characters in my stories and vice versa but we know that we have to narrate the story at some point.
I may have not met you in years/months/weeks - but you kept my faith and belief in friendship and adoration alive. I don't want to be the standard that others have to live up to because that's just - again - scary ! But I want you to know that I'm secure. And it feels great !

I have learnt. I have grown. I never thought I would get here. I'm proud of myself.
I don't have to make you happy. I don't have to be answerable to you. I don't have to lie. I don't have to be fake. Now, if I don't like you - I tell you or you'll just know. Pretenses, maybe because we do live in such a society. But the buck does stop at some point.

I'm Me and you adore me for that.
True Story !

There is no surety but there's tons of assurance. That in itself is more than enough no ?
There are no false promises. In fact there are no promises at all ! So much simpler and easier our lives are then.

And yes at some point if ever I can't handle it all - then - there will be lot's of jars and many many storage space ! Saving it all for 'those" days.

<3

3 comments:

  1. Nice it is.. they will be proud too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. to find that secure place is so comforting... to know u have people to lift you on days that u dont feel like getting up or just can not! i'm glad u've find that lil place of peace!
    i <3 u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CG - You pushed me to write this one :)
    Choti - me too ! You already know that !
    CHB - Danke ! Continue following !

    ReplyDelete