Tuesday, August 3, 2010

03 August, 2010 - Relief

I was the favourite. Only son's oldest daughter. I was/am pampered and I was/am cherished. I got what I wanted and I was allowed to do anything at any time.

My daddy was his confidant and if you may have it - his soul mate. He was my grandmother's husband of 57 years. He was my aunts' "best" and handsome-est daddy.

He was my grandfather. With silver hair and the "poojie" at the nape of his neck. With immense knowledge about anything. The zest to watch a cricket match late into the night. The ability to crack the dirtiest jokes at any given time of the day. A master at spoiling us all !

The man, gave up after a while. He could not have dealt with it. But he stood tall and faced reality.

The morning walks will never be the same again. Festivals and family functions will not be complete. The best amongst us - has left the building. Only, to be with his best budster.

I thank you for making me your princess. For, promising to look after me and getting me married. I thank you, for doing the best you could and always loving me. For forgiving me. For the immensely tight hugs and unlimited supply of love.

Your love story will be a benchmark for generations to come. Your sincerity and dedication will be praised and spoken about - till eternity.

When the mangoes are cut - I'll smile ! Always. I never said it often enough, but I love you. Always have and always will.

Secretly, you have been my favourite-est ;-) But, you knew that. Didn't you ?

4 comments:

  1. luv u akka! sorry for being so angry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as i've said.. to know happiness u need to know sadness.. the happiness is coming KINIS'! promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember the haldiram khatta meetha he never forgot to buy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very meaningful and beautifully written.. lovely read... all your posts...!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete